Uniseal - Where to buy and how to use
What is a Uniseal - (Installation)
The Uniseal replaces all the old hardware with a single injection moulded unit requiring no component parts. It suited for for pipe to pipe joining and on curved
surfaces in PVC, Steel, Aluminium and Copper. It requires no sealants, glue or bolts.
Suitable for the Building, Plumbing, Agricultural & Marine Industries.
Made of ALCRYN thermoplastic rubber, Uniseal fittings offer outstanding chemical resistance to oils, hydraulic fluids, hydrochloric & sulphuric acids at room temperature. Good resistance is offered to alcohols, amines & paraffin hydrocarbons. Uniseals are not recommended in the presence of ketones, esters & chlorinated solvents.
How to use a Uniseal -
- Installing the Uniseal is a simple process. Cut a hole in the wall of a tank or other surface to the hole size indicated for the Uniseal you are using.
- Make sure that the hole is clean cut with no sharp edges. Irregularities could cause poor sealing and eventually leakage. It is recommended to use fine grit sandpaper to clean the hole if needed.
- Insert the uniseal into the hole with the wide side facing the pipe to be inserted. Similar to the hole, make sure the pipe end to be inserted is clean cut. If required, file the pipe edges so that there are no sharp points which might cut the Uniseal.
- Using dish soap, lubricate the outside of the pipe end to be inserted. Then push the pipe through the Uniseal from the large flange side. The soap acts as a lubricant and will be squeezed off as the pipe passes through the Uniseal. The friction of the rubber holds the pipe tightly in place.
- Tapering the end of the pipe might help with the above.
What are the pipe sizes for Uniseal -
The standard sizes are designed to fit PVC & Steel pipes 3/16” to 6” through wall thicknesses of 1/8” to 1/2”.
Please find the pipe and tube outside diameter sizing.
Uniseal Sizes -
|Pipe Size (Outer Diameter)||Uniseal Size||Hole Saw Size|
|15mm Pressure Pipe (OD 21.3mm)||1/2"||2mm|
|20mm Pressure Pipe (OD 26.6mm)||3/4"
|25mm Pressure Pipe (OD 33.4mm)||1"||44mm|
|40mm Pressure Pipe (OD 48.2mm)||1 1/2"||64mm|
|80mm Pressure Pipe, 90mm Stormwater pipe (OD 89mm)||3"||102mm|
|100mm Pressure Pipe, 100mm DWV (OD 110mm & 114.3mm)||4"
- PVC Pipe 20 to 100 mm sizes
- PVC Pressure Fittings
- PVC Adhesives, Primers and Consumables
- PVC Stormwater
- Waste Valve Traps
- Brass Valves